Solutions for Businesses at All Stages of Development
VLP maintains a broad-based corporate practice focused on delivering sophisticated solutions for businesses at all stages of development. Our attorneys leverage their experience and deep understanding of the legal and business environments to counsel start-up, emerging growth, middle-market and later-stage private companies operating across a wide range of industries and sectors, including:
- Internet and e-commerce.
- Life sciences.
- Medical devices.
- Clean tech and alternative energy.
- Advanced materials.
- Consulting and professional services.
- Government services.
Meeting the Diverse Demands of Companies
VLP’s corporate attorneys are well positioned to meet the complex legal demands of businesses operating in today’s challenging global economy. Our attorneys are well-known for capably and efficiently representing companies at all phases of the business cycle, from initial formation to securities and capital raising to mergers, acquisitions and profitable exits. We provide general corporate counseling and business law advice to companies on a full range of corporate matters, such as:
- Entity selection and formation.
- Capital structures and equity compensation at the executive and employee levels.
- Corporate governance, board matters and fiduciary duties.
- Tax structuring and counseling.
- Equity and debt capital-raising transactions (involving angels, venture capital firms and other institutional sources of funding).
- Mergers, acquisitions and other change-of-control events.
The attorneys in our corporate practice group distinguish themselves by taking the time to fully understand our clients’ businesses and technology. This knowledge allows us to better collaborate with clients and provide highly relevant, actionable advice with respect to their ongoing operational and transactional matters.
Additionally, our practice model emphasizes collaboration across VLP’s diverse practice groups. When complex corporate issues arise, our clients benefit from the insight and knowledge of senior attorneys working in multiple areas of the law, including: