Timothy R. Bowers is VLP’s Managing Partner and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Tim is a seasoned corporate lawyer representing a diverse group of clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters.
On the company side, Tim represents emerging growth businesses throughout their life cycles, from formation to exit and all flavors of debt and equity financings in between. His company clients traditionally operate in the software, hardware, fintech, edtech, cleantech, AI, life sciences, fashion, retail and media spaces. Tim also acts as a key advisor to the founders, senior management and boards of directors of his clients, providing frequent guidance on strategic matters.
On the investor side, Tim represents venture capital firms and high net worth individuals in their investments in emerging growth businesses operating in the same spaces as Tim’s company-side clients. He also represents investors in secondary purchases and sales of their holdings in such businesses.
Tim began his career as a capital markets attorney at Sidley Austin LLP, primarily representing public companies and investment banks in debt and equity financings and advising on corporate governance matters, including 1934 Act compliance. Before joining VLP in 2013, he spent many years at K&L Gates LLP as a business transactional lawyer.
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2001, Outside Articles Editor, Villanova Law Review
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1998
- Filling the VC Gap – Could Angels Hold the Key? (March 2016)
- Nine Things Employers Should Consider When it Comes to Telecommuting, InsideCounsel (March 30, 2015)
- Documenting the Earn-Out, The Smith Report (May 2008)
- SEC Option Inquiries, The National Law Journal (January 30, 2006)
- VLP Attorneys Timothy Bowers and Andrew Dixon Coauthored a Column Entitled “The Essential Role for Seller’s Counsel in M&A Negotiations” in the Daily Journal
(Nov 8, 2019)
- VLP Partners Timothy R. Bowers and Michael L. Whitener Co-author Inside Counsel Article “9 Things Employers Should Consider When It Comes to Telecommuting”
(Mar 30, 2015)
- VLP Corporate Practice Continues to Grow on East Coast with Addition of Timothy R. Bowers
(Oct 1, 2013)
- Guest Speaker, Startup Law 101 Series, Vault Innovation Academy, The Vault San Francisco (December 13, 2017)
- Guest Speaker, Legal Issues in New Venture Formation, UC Davis Graduate School of Management (March 7, 2016, November 18, 2016)
- Organizer & Panelist, Building Businesses Buyers Love to Buy (March 8, 2011)