Timothy R. Bowers, a Partner and Chair of the firm’s hiring committee, is a seasoned practitioner representing a diverse group of clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters.
Tim has counseled entrepreneurs, companies and investors on formation matters, angel, venture capital and private equity investments, buy- and sell-side mergers and acquisitions and all forms of key business arrangements, including joint ventures, licensing, product distribution, technology development, outsourcing and executive employment. He has also served as outside general counsel to businesses operating in a variety of industries, including software, online, design, media, entertainment, retail, food, merchant card processing, clean energy and medical devices, acting as a regular key advisor to C-level management and boards of directors on general corporate, commercial and strategic matters.
Tim began his career as a capital markets attorney at Sidley Austin LLP, primarily representing public companies and investment banks in debt and equity financings and advising on corporate governance matters, including 1934 Act compliance. Before joining VLP in 2013, he spent many years at K&L Gates LLP as a business transactional lawyer.
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2001, Outside Articles Editor, Villanova Law Review
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1998
- Filling the VC Gap – Could Angels Hold the Key? (March 2016)
- Nine Things Employers Should Consider When it Comes to Telecommuting, InsideCounsel (March 30, 2015)
- Documenting the Earn-Out, The Smith Report (May 2008)
- SEC Option Inquiries, The National Law Journal (January 30, 2006)
- Guest Speaker, Startup Law 101 Series, Vault Innovation Academy, The Vault San Francisco (December 13, 2017)
- Guest Speaker, Legal Issues in New Venture Formation, UC Davis Graduate School of Management (March 7, 2016, November 18, 2016)
- Organizer & Panelist, Building Businesses Buyers Love to Buy (March 8, 2011)
- Filling the VC Gap – Could Angels Hold the Key?
(Mar 9, 2016)