Jim O’Hare is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Practice Group with over 30 years of experience serving as a trusted adviser to companies, investors, management teams and boards of directors. Jim has acted as an AmLaw 100 law partner, public company general counsel and investment banker. This breadth of experience makes Jim a valued resource for businesses and investors across each stage of a company lifecycle – from emerging growth through multinational organizations. Information technology and technology-enabled services is a unifying theme in Jim’s portfolio of advisory engagements.
Jim’s information technology and services background and role as a senior executive in a technology services company translates to real world results in structuring and closing M&A transactions, technology transfer and development projects and strategic relationships. Jim regularly advises entrepreneurs and growth stage businesses in achieving their strategic goals. He is regularly “in the trenches” in order to push projects to a successful conclusion. Jim also acts as lead counsel for clients involved in cross-border investments and acquisitions.
Jim began his technology-focused practice in 1985 with Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault in Boston and from 1996 to 2000 served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc., headquartered in Cambridge Massachusetts.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1983, magna cum laude
- A.B., University of Notre Dame, 1980, Economics
- “Balancing Innovation and Compliance: The Regulatory Tortoise and the Technology Hare,” Corporate Compliance Insights – 2017
- “Cross-Industry Blockchain and Bitcoin Challenges,” BlockTribune – 2017
- Blockchain And Cryptocurrencies: What’s It All About?, Cambridge Innovation Center, Boston MA, 2018
- Blockchain … Beyond Bitcoin, Global Financial Services Company, Boston, MA, 2017
- Blockchain Nation: Today’s Bubble or Transformational Technology, Washington DC, 2017
- Blockchain Challenges for Healthcare, Healthcare Technology Network of Greater Washington, Washington DC, 2017
- Developing Relationships with Strategic Education Companies, LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference, Boston MA, 2017
- Student Data Privacy and Your Software Terms of Service, LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference, Boston MA, 2016
- Protecting Student Data While Promoting Learning and Innovation in the EdTech, LearnLaunch Institute, Boston MA, 2015