Information Collection, Use and Sharing
The only personal information about you that we collect is information you voluntarily give us. This information may include:
- Information you provide when you respond to our “Join Us” invitations.
- Information you provide in response to a VLP survey or other solicitation from us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email address, if you contact us.
- Details of any other transactions you carry out through our Site.
We will only use your personal information (i) for the purpose you provided it, (ii) to notify you about VLP events or services, and (iii) for the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis regarding how you and others use our Site, in order to improve the Site. For any other use, we will first obtain your explicit consent.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party outside of VLP, other than:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our law firm and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
As you use our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. We use this information solely for internal purposes, such as to improve the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser.
VLP has implemented reasonable measures designed to secure the personal information it collects via the Site from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although VLP does its best to protect your personal information, VLP cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. VLP is not responsible for the circumvention by any third party of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Site.
Notification of Changes
You May Update Your Personal Information
You may contact us at any time in order to: (i) delete your personal information from our systems, (ii) update your personal information, or (iii) change your preferences with respect to receiving information regarding VLP events and services.
Your Privacy Choices
Last updated: July 11, 2016