Lauren Fouser is Counsel in the firm’s corporate group and represents companies and investors in a variety of transactions, ranging from financings to mergers and acquisitions to strategic reorganizations. She advises companies on all aspects of the corporate lifecycle, from formation through exit. Lauren helps clients raise capital, think strategically about corporate growth, and engage in day-to-day corporate activities, including governance matters. She works with companies, investors and founders throughout the U.S. in a variety of industries, including software, food and beverage, and technology. She loves to collaborate with clients to find innovative and practical solutions.
Prior to joining VLP, Lauren was a corporate attorney at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, at Holland & Hart in Boise, Idaho, and at Jackson Walker in San Antonio, Texas. She has also taught as an adjunct professor at Boise State University, Concordia University School of Law, and Michigan State University College of Law.
- J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, 2014, Cum Laude
- B.A., Texas A&M University, 2011, Magna Cum Laude
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions; Venture Capital, 2021
- Named a “Leader in Law” by Idaho Business Review, 2020
- Honored among S.A. Scene Magazine’s “Rising Stars” – San Antonio, TX, 2015
- Presenter, “M&A Update: To Immunity and Beyond,” Annual Idaho State Bar Meeting, Business Law Section, August 2021
- Presenter, “The Legal 411: Operating a Company – Business Basics,” Zions Bank Business Resource Center Workshop, August 2021
- Presenter, “Negotiating Your Business Divorce Before You Get Married,” Annual Idaho State Bar Meeting, Business Law Section, April 2019
- Presenter, “Entity Formation Deep Dive,” Techstars Startup Week Boise sponsored by Boise Angel Alliance, October 2017
- Presenter, “Dotting the i’s: Small Business and Regulation,” Idaho Business Review Breakfast Series, August 2017
- Presenter, “Structuring Your Entity for Success,” University of Texas, San Antonio CITE Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp, October 2015
- Presenter, “Corporate Legal Structure & Operating Documents,” University of Texas, San Antonio CITE Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp, February 2015