Strategic Representation in Technology Transactions
VLP’s Technology Transactions practice group delivers strategic representation across a broad scope of technology and other related commercial transactions. Our attorneys counsel companies at every stage of development from pre-formation start-ups to emerging growth companies to large public companies.
VLP’s legal team works to advance companies by structuring, negotiating, and closing deals that are best aligned with our clients’ business needs and objectives. Our attorneys have successfully handled a wide variety of both complex and routine technology transactions, including:
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and cloud computing agreements.
- Software, content, patent, trademark and other technology licenses.
- Partnerships, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Sales, OEM, reseller and other distribution agreements.
- Research and development agreements.
- Manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Consulting, professional services and outsourcing agreements.
- Agreements for the acquisition or divestiture of technology.
- Information and data privacy and security agreements.
- Website terms and conditions, privacy policies, DMCA policies, and EULAs.
A Business Approach to Legal Practice
The attorneys in our Technology Transactions practice represent clients on both sides of the table, including buyers, sellers, licensors, licensees, developers, and investors. Because most of our lawyers having prior in-house counsel experience, our firm takes a business approach to the practice of law. We are cognizant of the competing pressures and challenges businesses face and our attorneys work to resolve issues quickly and efficiently across a diverse range of industries, including software, hardware, semiconductors, Internet, digital and interactive media, online education, networking, life sciences, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, and clean tech.
VLP attorneys have particular experience helping companies address complex privacy and data security policy issues and DMCA takedown notice compliance. We also regularly advise our clients with respect to rights and obligations under their agreements and assist with settlement agreements and other pre-litigation dispute resolution. Additionally, our lawyers conduct due diligence for M&A transactions and help clients address the impact of existing and anticipated laws and regulations on business, technology and commercial transactions.
Whether the technology transaction or issue is complex or routine, our attorneys work side by side with our clients at each step of the process. We proactively identify problems and develop creative solutions that help our clients move their companies forward and achieve their business goals.