Strategic Representation in Technology Transactions
VLP’s Technology Transactions practice group delivers strategic representation across a broad scope of technology and other related commercial transactions. Our attorneys counsel companies at every stage of development from pre-formation start-ups to emerging growth companies to large public companies.
VLP’s legal team works to advance companies by structuring, negotiating, and closing deals that are best aligned with our clients’ business needs and objectives. Our attorneys have successfully handled a wide variety of both complex and routine technology-related commercial transactions, including:
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, hosting and other cloud computing agreements
- Software, content, data, patent, trademark and other technology licenses
- Partnerships, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- OEM, reseller and other distribution agreements
- Sales and support agreements
- Research and development agreements
- Collaboration and licensing agreements
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Consulting, outsourcing and services agreements
- Agreements for the acquisition or divestiture of technology
- Information and data confidentiality, privacy and security agreements
- Website terms and conditions, privacy policies, DMCA policies, and EULAs
A Business Approach to Legal Practice
The attorneys in our Technology Transactions practice represent clients on both sides of the table, including buyers, sellers, licensors, licensees, developers, and investors. Many of our lawyers have prior in-house counsel experience, and our firm takes a business approach to the practice of law. We are cognizant of the competing pressures and challenges businesses face and our attorneys work to resolve issues quickly and efficiently across a diverse range of industries, including software, hardware, semiconductors, Internet, digital and interactive media, online education, networking, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, telecommunications, and clean tech.
In addition to structuring and negotiating technology-related transactions, we also help our clients to develop strategies for acquiring, protection, using and commercializing their technology and to create related plans, policies and procedures. VLP attorneys also help our clients address complex privacy and data security policy issues and with DMCA takedown notice compliance. We regularly advise our clients with respect to rights and obligations under their agreements and assist with settlement agreements and other pre-litigation dispute resolution. Additionally, our lawyers help clients address the impact of existing and anticipated laws and regulations on their technology-related transactions and conduct due diligence for M&A transactions.
Whether the transaction or issue is complex or routine, our attorneys work side by side with our clients at each step of the process. We proactively identify problems and develop creative solutions that help our clients move their companies forward and achieve their business goals.