Addressing Complex Privacy and Data Security Challenges
Compliance with privacy and data security obligations presents a daunting challenge for businesses today. A rapidly changing legal landscape, combined with new technologies capable of collecting huge stores of personal information in unprecedented ways, requires legal counsel who are as technologically savvy as they are legally astute.
VLP’s Privacy & Data Security Practice Group is dedicated to helping clients navigate a constantly shifting landscape of privacy and data security laws both in the United States and abroad. Our services in this area include:
- Conducting privacy audits and assessments.
- Drafting privacy policies and data transfer agreements.
- Advising on the privacy implications of mobile devices and cross-device tracking.
- Interpreting the impact of COPPA, HIPAA, FERPA, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and FTC enforcement actions as well as European Union and other foreign data protection laws.
- Drafting corporate policies that address social media use, “bring your own device” and other privacy-related issues.
Experienced Privacy and Data Security Attorneys
Our privacy attorneys are active in the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and are often called upon to speak and write on data protection topics. We recognize that compliance with data protection laws is not simply a matter of satisfying legal requirements, but can be used as a competitive differentiator at a time when concerns about privacy and data security breaches are paramount.
Our attorneys are well known for their ability to tackle complex privacy and data security matters in a highly effective and efficient manner. We understand our clients’ businesses and industries and partner with them to craft strategies tailored to their specific needs and objectives. Our Privacy & Data Security attorneys collaborate with attorneys in other practice groups across VLP to address the diverse range of legal issues impacting our clients. This cross-disciplinary approach allows VLP to deliver the comprehensive legal services clients need to resolve difficult legal challenges and achieve their business goals.