VLP is growing! If you are a self-reliant partner with a sophisticated practice, or a well-functioning and collegial practice group, please visit this page. If you are a mid-level or senior associate tired of Big Law, looking for sophisticated work, a great team and a future you can get excited about, we are currently looking to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to: JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
Corporate Counsel Attorney
VLP has an immediate opening for a senior transactional attorney to support its corporate practice group. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background and at least 8 years of substantial experience representing private technology companies from formation to exit (including founder issuances, equity compensation and stock plans, convertible debt and VC financings and M&A), as well as the VC funds and other investors that finance such companies. Commercial agreements experience a plus. Candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision. This position will be helping to manage a small team of corporate and transactional attorneys, as well as direct corporate work. Please highlight any experience managing attorneys or working in a collaborative team environment in your resume or cover letter.
Patent Attorney – Biotechnology
VLP has an immediate opening for a senior patent attorney to support our clients in the biotechnology, chemical, and medical device industries. Candidates must have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background, be licensed to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office, and have six or more years experience prosecuting patents in the United States and abroad. Candidates must have at minimum an undergraduate degree in biotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering, medical devices or physics. Specific experience with molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, or medical devices would be a plus. All candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as in collaboration with other attorneys.
Patent Attorney – Computers and Electronics
VLP has an immediate opening for a senior patent attorney to support our clients in the computer, electronics, and other industries. Candidates must have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background, be licensed to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office, and have six or more years experience prosecuting patents in the United States and abroad. Candidates must have at minimum an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics. Specific experience with patenting software, mobile applications, cloud computing, data processing and storage systems, artificial intelligence, mobile devices, semiconductors, image processing, and medical devices would be a plus. All candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as in collaboration with other attorneys.
We are a group of experienced lawyers from top-tier law schools, law firms and corporations who have pioneered a better alternative to traditional law firms and corporations. Our distributed platform allows us, among other things, geographic flexibility in hiring. In fact, all of our attorneys work from home or their own office space. We provide big law expertise and service at a better rate than other law firms by eliminating much of the traditional law firm overhead. We do it all in an environment that we feel is vastly superior to the other firms and we’d love to tell you more about it.
If you feel that you meet our criteria and are interested in learning more, please send an email with your resume attached to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
Corporate Legal Specialist (Paralegal)
VLP is looking for the right person to join our team as a Corporate Legal Specialist who is skilled in private company matters in the emerging companies and venture capital arenas. The nature of our practice demands paralegals who are self-starters and willing to take on challenging legal responsibilities under the supervision of our attorneys.
The Legal Specialist will be working directly with Partners and Counsel in our Corporate Group to provide support and assist clients with a variety of corporate matters. This position is 20 – 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and filing Certificates of Incorporation, state qualifications, and related documents.
- Preparing documents which include drafting consents, filing amendments and preparing merger documents, annual reports, etc.
- Preparing documents and spreadsheets for transactions such as financings, mergers and acquisitions and closing statements.
- Preparing UCC searches and filings.
- Organizing documents and closing volumes in connection with corporate transactions such as financings and mergers and acquisitions.
- Conducting research on state and federal securities laws, and preparing Blue Sky filings.
- Communicating regularly with VLP attorneys regarding the status of projects and deadlines.
- Interacting with clients by telephone and by written correspondence.
- Conducting due diligence on target companies and preparing disclosure schedules.
- Assisting with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate.
- Three or more years of paralegal experience in a law firm.
- Experience working with start-ups/emerging growth companies preferred.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently but also effectively as a part of a team.
- Strong client service attitude.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Management of data rooms on www.box.com and similar online services.
- A thorough understanding of securities management under www.carta.com and similar online services.
If you value a professional, challenging working environment but desire a better work/life balance, this might be the job for you. Please send your resume and cover letter to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.