VLP is growing! If you are a self-reliant partner with a sophisticated practice, or a well-functioning and collegial practice group, please visit this page. If you are a mid-level or senior associate tired of Big Law, looking for sophisticated work, a great team and a future you can get excited about, we are currently looking to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to: JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
Technology Transactions Counsel Attorney
VLP Law Group LLP has an immediate opening for a senior technology transactions Counsel attorney to support its technology transactions practice group. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background, and at least six years of substantial experience in counseling companies with respect to technology and commercial transactions and drafting and negotiating associated agreements. Specific experience representing biotech or pharma companies on drug development-related contracts desired. Will consider candidates interested in part-time or full-time opportunities. Candidates must be able to work independently with limited supervision as well as in collaboration with other attorneys.
Corporate Counsel Attorney
VLP has an immediate opening for a senior transactional attorney to support its corporate practice group. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background and at least 8 years of substantial experience representing private technology companies from formation to exit (including founder issuances, equity compensation and stock plans, convertible debt and VC financings and M&A), as well as the VC funds and other investors that finance such companies. Commercial agreements experience a plus. Candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision. This position will be helping to manage a small team of corporate and transactional attorneys, as well as direct corporate work. Please highlight any experience managing attorneys or working in a collaborative team environment in your resume or cover letter.
We are a group of experienced lawyers from top-tier law schools, law firms and corporations who have pioneered a better alternative to traditional law firms and corporations. Our distributed platform allows us, among other things, geographic flexibility in hiring. In fact, all of our attorneys work from home or their own office space. We provide big law expertise and service at a better rate than other law firms by eliminating much of the traditional law firm overhead. We do it all in an environment that we feel is vastly superior to the other firms and we’d love to tell you more about it.
If you feel that you meet our criteria and are interested in learning more, please send an email with your resume attached to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
Commercial Lending Legal Specialist
VLP is looking for the right person to join our team as a paralegal (at VLP we use the term Legal Specialist) in our Commercial Lending Practice Group.
VLP’s Commercial Lending Practice Group is dedicated to representing banks and other institutional lenders, borrowers, private equity funds, and venture capitalists in all aspects of structuring, negotiating, documenting, closing, and working out loan, lease, and other credit transactions. The Legal Specialist will work directly with partners and associates in our Lending Group to provide support and assist with a variety of loan transactions and related matters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare various loan documents
• Obtain and evaluate various diligence reports and documents (including UCC searches and good standing certificates)
• Prepare and file UCC financing statements and related documents
• Prepare and record Intellectual Property Security Agreements in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office
• Organize loan documents and closing packages in connection with loan transactions
• Communicate regularly with partners and associates regarding the status of projects and deadlines
• Interact with clients by telephone and by written correspondence
• Assist with other projects and duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate
• Three or more years of paralegal experience in a law firm setting
• Experience working on documentation and diligence relevant to loan transactions, including experience with ordering and reviewing UCC searches
• Excellent communication and prioritization skills
• Strong attention to detail and initiative
• Strong client service attitude
• Outstanding organizational skills
• High degree of professionalism
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat