Our lawyers provide comprehensive advice and strategic counsel on executive compensation and related employment matters.
We serve a broad spectrum of clients including public and private corporations, private equity and hedge fund partners, C-suite executives and management teams, founders and entrepreneurs. Our team’s transactional experience includes new venture formation, private equity and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, LBOs, MBOs, spin-offs, asset sales, joint ventures and bankruptcy reorganizations. Our lawyers have represented executives, employers and investors in virtually all major industry sectors, including technology, biotech, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, insurance and reinsurance, fintech, pharmaceuticals, health care and life sciences, real estate, aerospace and defense, art, education, retail fashion, energy and utilities, communications and media, hospitality and gaming, manufacturing, and sports.
Our experienced team takes a business-oriented approach to practice, providing clear legal counsel with sensitivity to the complex and nuanced real-world challenges our clients face. We seek not only to give technical advice – but to offer our clients practical, market-informed guidance, and to suggest creative approaches tailored to meet their specific business objectives.
Comprehensive Support in Executive Compensation Matters
We provide full-service executive compensation support, including:
- Representing CEOs and other C-suite executives in complex and transaction-driven employment, change-in-control, and severance negotiations.
- Representing CEOs and management teams in strategic and fund-to-fund sales of private equity portfolio companies.
- Representing founders and entrepreneurs in connection with early and late-stage financings, buyouts, IPOs, company sales and departures.
- Representing private equity and hedge fund partners who are joining new funds or leaving existing ones.
- Designing, drafting and negotiating stock option and incentive plans, phantom unit plans, and cash bonus plans.
- Drafting and negotiating employment, change-in-control and severance agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating retention plans, golden handcuffs and claw-backs.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on noncompetition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Designing and drafting nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- Advising employers and executives on related securities and tax law issues, including Sections 280G and 409A of the Internal Revenue Code.