The attorneys at VLP Law Group provide advice and strategic counsel over a broad spectrum of executive compensation matters. Our practice group head, Frank Daniele, brings over 25 years of experience to the table, positioning the firm’s practice to match that of any major law firm.
Our executive compensation clients include public and private corporations, investment funds, CEOs, management teams and entrepreneurs. Our attorneys have experience on “both sides” of the negotiating table in transactions of all types, including new venture formation, private equity and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, spin-offs, asset sales, joint ventures, and reorganizations.
Comprehensive Support in Executive Compensation Matters
Our attorneys provide full-service executive compensation support, including:
- Designing, drafting and negotiating stock option and incentive plans, phantom unit plans, and cash bonus plans.
- Drafting and negotiating employment, change-in-control and severance agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating retention plans, golden handcuffs and clawbacks.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on noncompetition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Designing and drafting nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- Advising on related tax and securities law issues, including golden parachutes, Section 409A, Section 83, Section 162(m), private offerings to employees, Rule 701, Section 16 reporting and short-swing profit recovery, Dodd-Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley, and related SEC disclosure requirements for executive officers.
- Advising boards and compensation committees on related corporate governance issues.
- Representing executives and management teams in complex and transaction-driven employment, change-in-control, and severance arrangements.
We have represented executives, employers and investors in virtually all major industry sectors, including technology, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, insurance and reinsurance, pharmaceuticals, health care and life sciences, real estate, aerospace and defense, education, energy and utilities, communications and media, hospitality and gaming, manufacturing, and sports.
Our Executive Compensation team understands the complex legal issues and business challenges that our clients face. We work one-on-one with companies and individual executives to develop creative and practical approaches that meet their specific objectives. We also draw upon the capabilities of attorneys working across VLP’s practice areas to provide additional guidance and support when needed.