Cost-Effective and Efficient Solutions
VLP’s Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights practice represents clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including healthcare, real estate, financial services, and manufacturing. We are involved in all aspects of complex Chapter 7 and 11 liquidations and restructurings, including representation of:
- Chapter 7 and 11 trustees
- Official committees
- Secured and asset-based lenders
- Special servicers
We understand that each restructuring and liquidating transaction comes with its own unique complexities. Our attorneys are well known for building strong client relationships and we pride ourselves on delivering individualized attention at every stage of the process. We understand our clients’ needs and work closely with them to find cost-effective, efficient solutions that best meet the demands of their specific situation.
Broad Experience in Complex Bankruptcy and Reorganization Matters
Mark Taylor, the head of our Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights practice, brings twenty-plus years of bankruptcy experience to the table. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Certified Information Privacy Professional with a thorough knowledge of the complex legal landscape. His specialized background and experience bring additional value to VLP clients facing challenging bankruptcy and reorganization issues.
Taylor collaborates with practitioners in various practice groups throughout the firm. We share knowledge and pool resources across departments to handle a diverse range of bankruptcy and related matters, including:
- Representing clients interested in participating as a potential purchaser of assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Preparing non-consolidation and true sale opinions for clients’ real estate transactions
- Counseling clients on pre-bankruptcy workouts with distressed parties
- Assisting clients dissolving outside of the bankruptcy process