VLP is growing! If you are a self-reliant partner with a sophisticated practice, or a well-functioning and collegial practice group, please visit this page. If you are a mid-level or senior associate tired of Big Law, looking for sophisticated work, a great team and a future you can get excited about, we are currently looking to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to: JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior transactional attorney to support its corporate practice group. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background and substantial experience representing private technology companies from formation to exit (including founder issuances, equity compensation and stock plans, convertible debt and VC financings and M&A), as well as the VC funds and other investors that finance such companies. Candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
Affordable Housing Counsel
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior affordable housing attorney to support our national affordable housing practice. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience representing developers or investors in low income housing tax credit and tax-exempt debt financing transactions. Our distributed platform allows us geographic flexibility in hiring, though we would prefer candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington D.C./Northern VA or New York.
Real Estate Counsel
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior transactional attorney to support its real estate practice group. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience with purchase and sale transactions, leasing, and real estate finance. Candidate must be able to work independently.
If you feel that you meet our criteria and are interested in learning more, we’d love to hear from you. Please send an email with your resume attached to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
Microsoft Software Developer and Database Administrator
VLP is looking for the right person to join our team as a Microsoft Software Developer and Database Administrator. This person will work with the Chief Executive Officer and the Technology Committee to support our IT initiatives. This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for production support, design and development of systems including making recommendations on the use of technology standards and tools.
- Support/extend existing ASP.net (C# and VB) custom web based applications.
- Support/extend existing .NET WinForms business applications.
- Support/extend extensive T-SQL integrations between systems.
- Manage SQL Server databases for firm applications.
- Collaborate across departments and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex system and data issues.
- 5+ years of software development specific experience with .NET and SQL in Visual Studio.
- Solid experience in SQL Server administration and development.
- Solid T-SQL experience.
- Experience with data manipulation, reporting, data mining, and analytics tools.
- End user management skills good at managing productive user relationships.
- Knowledge of automated systems design and development processes and standards
- Comfortable with working efficiently from home.
Strongly desired skills:
- Experience with VBA (word macros)
- Legal industry experience
- Experience using Telerik controls