VLP is growing! If you are a self-reliant partner with a sophisticated practice, or a well-functioning and collegial practice group, please visit this page. If you are a mid-level or senior associate tired of Big Law, looking for sophisticated work, a great team and a future you can get excited about, we are currently looking to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to: JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
VLP has an immediate opening for a senior transactional attorney to support its corporate practice group. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background and at least 8 years of substantial experience representing private technology companies from formation to exit (including founder issuances, equity compensation and stock plans, convertible debt and VC financings and M&A), as well as the VC funds and other investors that finance such companies. Commercial agreements experience a plus. Candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision. This position will be helping to manage a small team of corporate and transactional attorneys, as well as direct corporate work. Please highlight any experience managing attorneys or working in a collaborative team environment in your resume or cover letter.
Commercial Lending Counsel
VLP Law Group has an immediate opening for an attorney with five to ten years of experience to support its commercial lending practice group. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience with commercial lending transactions (in the absence of commercial lending experience, experience with corporate transactions is preferred).
Affordable Housing Counsel
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior affordable housing attorney to support our national affordable housing practice. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience representing developers or investors in low income housing tax credit and tax-exempt debt financing transactions. Our distributed platform allows us geographic flexibility in hiring, though we would prefer candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington D.C./Northern VA or New York.
Real Estate Counsel
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior transactional attorney to support its real estate practice group. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience with purchase and sale transactions, leasing, and real estate finance. Candidate must be able to work independently.
If you feel that you meet our criteria and are interested in learning more, we’d love to hear from you. Please send an email with your resume attached to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
Commercial Lending Legal Specialist
VLP is looking for the right person to join our team as a paralegal (at VLP we use the term Legal Specialist) in our Commercial Lending Practice Group.
VLP’s Commercial Lending Practice Group is dedicated to representing banks and other institutional lenders, borrowers, private equity funds, and venture capitalists in all aspects of structuring, negotiating, documenting, closing, and working out loan, lease, and other credit transactions. The Legal Specialist will work directly with partners and associates in our Lending Group to provide support and assist with a variety of loan transactions and related matters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare various loan documents
- Obtain and evaluate various diligence reports and documents (including UCC searches and good standing certificates)
- Prepare and file UCC financing statements and related documents
- Prepare and record Intellectual Property Security Agreements in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office
- Organize loan documents and closing packages in connection with loan transactions
- Communicate regularly with partners and associates regarding the status of projects and deadlines
- Interact with clients by telephone and by written correspondence
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate
- Five or more years of paralegal experience in a law firm setting
- Experience working on documentation and diligence relevant to loan transactions, including experience with ordering and reviewing UCC searches
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail and initiative
- Strong client service attitude
- Outstanding organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
Real Estate Legal Specialist
VLP Law Group LLP has an opening for a full time real estate paralegal.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating due diligence for a variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including, acquisitions and dispositions, borrowings, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing title commitments and surveys.
- Working closely with title companies to clear title and obtain title policies.
- Reviewing and summarizing UCC, judgment, tax and other lien searches.
- Preparing and filing a variety of documents, including, deeds, mortgages, memoranda of leases, UCC financing statements, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing commercial and residential leases and subleases.
- Preparing and distributing closing binders.
- Preparing closing checklists and coordinate the closing process for various transactions commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- Preparing entity formation documentation for filing.
- A bachelors degree.
- 10+ years of commercial and residential real estate experience, preferably in a large law firm setting, an in-house legal department or a title company.
Qualified applicants should also possess:
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work-product to both attorneys and clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer and technology proficient.