VLP is growing! If you are a self-reliant partner with a sophisticated practice, or a well-functioning and collegial practice group, please visit this page. If you are a mid-level or senior associate tired of Big Law, looking for sophisticated work, a great team and a future you can get excited about, we are currently looking to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to: JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior transactional attorney to support its corporate practice group. The candidate should have exceptional academic credentials, a top-tier law firm background and substantial experience representing private technology companies from formation to exit (including founder issuances, equity compensation and stock plans, convertible debt and VC financings and M&A), as well as the VC funds and other investors that finance such companies. Candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
Affordable Housing Counsel
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior affordable housing attorney to support our national affordable housing practice. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience representing developers or investors in low income housing tax credit and tax-exempt debt financing transactions. Our distributed platform allows us geographic flexibility in hiring, though we would prefer candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington D.C./Northern VA or New York.
Real Estate Counsel
VLP has an immediate opening for a midlevel or senior transactional attorney to support its real estate practice group. The ideal candidate will have exceptional academic credentials, a law firm background and experience with purchase and sale transactions, leasing, and real estate finance. Candidate must be able to work independently.
If you feel that you meet our criteria and are interested in learning more, we’d love to hear from you. Please send an email with your resume attached to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.
VLP has an immediate opening for an experienced Accounting Specialist to support the firm’s Legal Services Billing. This person must effectively communicate with attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients. Candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters. This is a work-from-home position, starting at 30 hours a week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Legal Services Billing: Responsible for all aspects of billing cycle. Communicate with managing attorneys; review invoices; revise invoices as needed; email clients.
- Assist in collections process, including working with partners monthly on accounts receivable and executing actions as directed. Respond to client inquiries.
- Assist in preparation of client statements of account.
- Assist in monthly statements for clients with outstanding balances but no current activity for partner review and transmission to client if directed by partner.
- Assist in foreign associate process, including invoicing review, payment, and management.
- Assist in client set-up and management.
- Accounts Payable: Back-up support for Accounts Payable: organize, review, and secure approval for reimbursements; prepare documents for payment; enter detail in QuickBooks general ledger.
- Document processes and update as needed.
- Assist in preparation and review of data for filings, special billing reports, and special accounts receivable related reports.
- Assist in answering accounting and financial questions by researching data.
- Provide overall backup accounting support as needed.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Client Billing, Accounts Receivable, Collections, Accounts Payable and General Accounting experience.
- Law Firm experience preferred.
- Great Plains experience.
- Experience in Intellectual Property Practice Area a plus.
- QuickBooks familiarity.
- Reporting and Analytical Skills desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently but also effectively as a part of a team.
- Strong internal and external client service attitude.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and initiative.
- Proficiency in working with computer systems and database systems.
How to Apply:
If you value a professional working environment but desire a better work/life balance, this might be the job for you. Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to JoinUs@VLPLawGroup.com.