Helping Financial Institutions Navigate Evolving Markets and Legal Landscapes
In today’s global economy, financial institutions must confront many challenges, from complex strategic and operational concerns to evolving markets and legal landscapes. These obstacles require institutions to have access to experienced advisors who can assist them in staying at the forefront of market trends while adapting to regulatory changes that affect their transactions.
VLP has developed a strong track record of success in providing strategic solutions to institutions operating throughout the financial industry sector. We are a team of highly skilled attorneys who understand the complex myriad of business and legal issues impacting financial institutions across the United States and around the globe. Our insight and experience has led our firm to develop a diverse base of clients operating throughout the industry, including:
- National banking institutions.
- Investment banks.
- Investment and debt funds.
- Private equity and hedge funds.
- Mezzanine funds.
- Small business investment companies.
- Real estate investment funds.
- Outsourcing and third party service providers.
We advise many of the nation’s largest banks as well as numerous banks and non-bank lenders focused on lending to venture-backed technology and life sciences companies. Our attorneys also provide strategic counsel to sponsors and corporate borrowers in both domestic and multi-national transactions.
Our legal team is cognizant of the complicated issues impacting the activities of financial institutions and are well-positioned to counsel clients in a full spectrum of transactional matters, including:
- Structured, leverage, cashflow and asset-based finance transactions.
- Mezzanine and subordinated debt financings.
- Acquisition financings.
- Leveraged buy-outs.
- Letters of credit.
- Dividend recapitalization refinancings.
- Derivatives matters.
- Financial restructurings and insolvencies.
- New product development and implementation.
- Payments processing (including cross-border remittance services, foreign exchange transactions and e-payments).
- Consumer products and services (prepaid cards, e-wallets and other cyber currency initiatives).
Our attorneys are focused on meeting the needs and demands of institutions throughout the financial industry sector. We work one on one with our financial institution clients to craft practical strategies to protect their assets while minimizing potential risks and liabilities.