Legal Solutions for the Advertising, Marketing and Promotions Industries
The attorneys at VLP provide clients with the legal advice they need to effectively advertise, market and promote products and services. Our Advertising, Marketing & Promotions practice counsels clients on the diverse spectrum of legal issues that arise in connection with their advertising and marketing practices and campaigns.
The advertising, marketing and promotions industries move quickly, constantly adopting new technologies and facing regulatory scrutiny. VLP’s advertising attorneys help clients in these industries meet their business goals while complying with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Our attorneys represent all types of brands from start-up and emerging marketers to household names. We partner with our clients to provide the practical legal assistance they need to address a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Structuring specific promotions such as sweepstakes and contests.
- Designing compliant multimedia campaigns.
- Defending regulatory investigations.
- Challenging competitors’ advertising claims.
- Advising on general advertising law issues such as claim substantiation and promotional offers.
- Negotiating and drafting marketing-related business agreements and transactions.
- Handling advertising challenges before self-regulatory bodies including the Advertising Self-Regulatory Council.
- Protecting intellectual property rights.
- Implementing social media and digital marketing policies.
Leveraging In-Depth Legal and Industry Knowledge
At VLP we combine an in-depth knowledge of the law with a vast understanding of advertising, marketing and promotions practices to meet the legal demands of companies operating throughout the industry. Our legal team works with clients to ensure that their advertising and marketing practices comply with the myriad of laws and regulations governing industry operations. Our aim is to help our clients develop advertising and promotional materials that accomplish their important business objectives while reducing potential legal risks and challenges.
Whether we are advising a company on a new customer loyalty program, representing a client in connection with a government investigation, or helping a business to maintain appropriate substantiation for a complex environmental claim, our attorneys take the time to develop a full awareness of our clients’ goals and expectations. This knowledge allows us to craft strategies and solutions specifically tailored to our client’s unique business operations. Our clients also benefit from the legal knowledge of practitioners working in practice groups across our firm. This cross-disciplinary approach ensures that our clients have direct access to experienced attorneys with the legal knowledge necessary to effectively address their most critical legal issues.