VLP Partner Brian Davis Presents Webinar “Brand Creation and Protection: An Overview of Trademark Law”
Brian Davis, Partner at VLP Law Group’s Intellectual Property practice, presented a webinar on May 20, 2015, that offered an overview of the legal process and best practices for creating and enforcing trademarks, a valuable intellectual property asset.
A company’s brand is often its most important asset. Well-established brands, such as Coke and Microsoft, have values that exceed that of all of the company’s physical assets combined several times over. Although every company would love to enjoy that level of recognition and value with the consuming public, many companies do not emphasize their trademarks or understand the means by which such brands are developed and protected.
This webinar covered the following:
- The difference between copyright, patent and trademark
- The acquisition of trademark rights
- The different types of marks and their relative strength
- The trademark clearance and registration process
- Trademark Infringement and the legal remedies
Click here to view a recording of this webinar.Share