Patrick Valentino is a Partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Affordable Housing and Community Development Practice Groups in San Francisco with more than 23 years of comprehensive commercial real estate and affordable housing experience. Patrick’s experience includes the negotiation and closing of debt acquisitions and sales, commercial real estate workouts, acquisitions and dispositions, real estate secured lending, office and retail leasing and joint venture partnerships. Commercial product types range from hotel, multifamily, office, industrial, retail and mixed use.
Patrick works with for profit and nonprofit sponsors and investors in transactions involving affordable housing acquisition and development and transactions involving the co-development of community centers. His most recent work includes the documentation and negotiation of a large investment in a 2,000 unit portfolio of affordable housing projects and the co-development of a community center along with a low income senior residential development.
Since 1992, Patrick also developed an expertise in the documentation, negotiation, due diligence review and closing of performing and non-performing debt acquisitions and real estate workouts. These transactions often include workout arrangements and asset management issues, including leasing, refinancing, construction renovations and sales.
Prior to joining VLP, Patrick was an attorney with Procopio Cory Hagreaves and Savitch in San Diego and a partner with Corporate Counsel Group LLP in San Francisco. In addition to his legal experience, Patrick previously served as a senior professional with several investment banks focusing on public finance, mergers and acquisitions and venture financings. Patrick began his career in New York with Merrill Lynch Capital Market’s Public Finance Investment Banking Group. He was also a Managing Director for San Francisco-based Viant Group LLC where he focused on private equity transactions for healthcare growth companies.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1992, Moot Court Board
- B.A., State University of New York, at Albany, 1985, Magna Cum Laude
- VLP Partner Patrick Valentino Quoted in Law360 Article “Real Estate Firms Flock To Industrial Amid E-Commerce Boom”
(Jun 9, 2017)
- VLP Partner Patrick Valentino Quoted in Law360 Article “3 Issues in Converting Parking to E-Commerce Delivery Space”
(Nov 7, 2016)
- VLP Real Estate Partner Patrick Valentino featured on KQED Public Radio to discuss the battle over development on San Francisco’s waterfront
(May 9, 2014)
- VLP Partner Patrick Valentino Named Co-Chair of the Real Estate Finance Subsection of the CA State Bar
(Jul 1, 2013)