Michael Horner is a Partner in the Commercial Lending Practice Group at VLP. He has extensive experience representing financial institutions, debt funds, and multi–lender syndicates in structuring, restructuring, and documenting complex domestic and cross–border financing transactions.
Michael advises clients on all aspects of secured and unsecured lending, including cash flow finance, asset–based finance, and sponsor–backed leveraged buyouts. He often represents clients in connection with financings involving technology and life science transactions.
Michael also advises lenders with respect to the ongoing management of their relationships with borrowers in a variety of industries, including technology, software, manufacturing, healthcare, and pharmaceuticals.
Michael served in the US Army, including assignments with Special Operations Command. He oversaw a team of 25 officers and over 100 enlisted personnel and commanded operations in countries worldwide.
- J.D., Loyola University, Chicago School of Law, 2001
- B.A., Michigan State University, 1991
- An agent in a $250 million senior secured credit facility to a consumer technology company.
- An agent in a $90 million acquisition financing and working capital facility to an international technology company.
- An agent in a $110 million senior secured working capital and term.
- An agent in a $360 million working capital and acquisition facility to a global advisory and financial services company.
- An agent in a $75 million senior secured working capital facility to an international technology company.
- An agent in a $85 million restructuring of working capital and term facilities to a national retailer.
- An agent in a $110 million restructuring of working capital and term facilities to an automotive industry consultant.