Jane Imperatore is a Partner in the firm’s Construction, Affordable Housing & Community Development and Real Estate Practice Groups with an emphasis on Construction Law. Jane is also a former member of the Firm’s Executive Committee.
Jane represents public and private owners, developers, general contractors and large subcontractors on a wide range of commercial real estate, government, affordable housing and community development projects. She is deal-focused when working on construction and development projects and approaches her work with a keen sense of the business goals of her clients in mind.
Jane’s practice includes the drafting and negotiation of professional design services agreements, construction management agreements, construction contracts and purchase and sale agreements. She has extensive experience advising clients on all aspects of contract administration and close-out and has represented clients in construction disputes in jury and bench trials before state and federal courts, mediations, arbitrations and dispute review boards. Jane’s trial experience and business orientation allow her to anticipate potential issues that may arise and offer practical and cost-effective alternatives to avoid litigation and mitigate disputes.
Before joining VLP, Jane practiced at Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. where she was a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Litigation practice groups and a member of the Board of Directors.
- J.D., University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, 2000
- B.A., with High Distinction, University of Virginia, 1997
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 – Construction/Surety
- Washington D.C Super Lawyers Rising Star 2014, 2015 – Construction Litigation
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 – Constructions/Surety
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star 2008 – Civil Litigation Defense
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2012, 2017 – Construction
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2007, 2008 – Young Lawyer
- Richmond Magazine “Rising Stars” in 2008
- Jane Imperatore, VLP Law Group Partner, a Panelist at the Women, Influence & Power in Law Conference in Washington, DC, October 2015
- Construction Delay Claims Seminar, December 2005 and February 2006
- Employment Law Seminar, September 2005
- Employment Law Update in Virginia, September 2002