Frank A. Daniele is a Partner in our corporate, tax and executive compensation practice groups. He specializes in complex and transaction-driven employment, compensation and severance arrangements. Frank has represented public and private company executives across a broad range of industries, as well as private equity and hedge fund partners, portfolio company management teams, financial sector professionals, doctors, technologists and entrepreneurs. He has also advised private equity funds, hedge funds and corporate directors on related tax, disclosure and securities law matters.
Frank’s vast transactional experience includes M&A, IPOs, tender offers, private equity and venture capital financings, LBOs, MBOs, cross-border transactions, fund formations, bankruptcy reorganizations and restructurings, asset sales, spin-offs, recapitalizations and joint ventures. He is a pragmatic and seasoned advisor who enjoys working one-on-one with clients, helping them to understand current market practices, identify their personal and business objectives, and navigate the complexities of high-level employment, compensation and severance negotiations.
Prior to joining VLP, Frank spent 23 years with Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, where he was a Partner and co-head of the firm’s Executive Compensation and ERISA practice group.
- J.D., Cum Laude, University of Michigan Law School, 1988
- B.A., Summa Cum Laude, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1985
Honors & Awards
- Frank has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America for his expertise in executive compensation and ERISA.
- Recent Trends in Executive Pay, VLP Speaks Blog
- Frank has written extensively on executive compensation and ERISA law, and is a contributing author to ERISA Fiduciary Law (BNA Books).
- Wells Fargo Cuts Executive Compensation to Promote Accountability
(Mar 17, 2017)
- Recent Trends in Executive Pay
(Mar 18, 2016)