Anand is a Counsel in the Commercial Lending, Structured Finance & Venture Debt Practice Group where he represents clients ranging from large, multinational financial institutions to community banks and private equity lenders in commercial financing transactions.
Prior to joining VLP Law Group, Anand was Counsel to the commercial lending business units of a Fortune 200 bank where he provided guidance on end-to-end management of commercial transactions and counseled stakeholders on various regulatory issues. Prior to that, Anand was in private practice.
Anand’s expertise includes negotiation and documentation of multi-jurisdictional financing transactions, securitization under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and numerous state mortgage laws, and counseling on government-guaranteed financing products. He is adept in real estate secured lending, multifamily and commercial construction lending, commercial and industrial lending, and asset based lending.
Anand holds a Juris Doctor from Rutgers University School of Law and a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from Pace University. He is licensed to practice law in New Jersey and Pennsylvania and resides in Mickleton, New Jersey with his wife and two daughters.
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law; 2013
- B.A., Pace University Lubin School of Business; 2007
- Reviewed and provided counsel on financing documents related to real estate development company’s $25.5MM credit facility for the acquisition and development of a student housing facility in Austin, Texas
- Represented as first chair a national banking institution in its issuance of a $16.5MM line of credit, $850K term loan, and modification of a $3MM line of credit facility to a large-scale restaurant operations company
- Represented as first chair a community bank in its issuance of a $3.3MM commercial mortgage loan for the acquisition of a restaurant in Beach Haven, New Jersey
- Represented as first chair a private equity fund in its $3.1MM credit facility from a national banking institution consisting of a $1.5MM term loan, $1.5MM line of credit, and $100K revolving line of credit for the acquisition of a target entity