Alicia Tschirhart is a Counsel in the firm’s Corporate Group and specializes in corporate, securities and business law for companies at all stages of their life cycle, from start-ups with an idea to publicly-traded companies. Alicia represents C-level executives and boards of directors through a wide variety of complex corporate transactions and corporate governance matters. She also advises private equity investors and represents underwriters in public financings.
Alicia has extensive experience counseling companies through formation, securing initial seed and venture capital financing, debt financing, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, SEC filings, drafting commercial contracts and other general corporate matters. Alicia represents clients in a wide variety of cutting-edge industries including life sciences, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotech, e-commerce, digital media and semiconductors, among others.
Before joining VLP, Alicia successfully advised many industry-leading company clients in the San Diego offices of Goodwin Procter LLP, DLA Piper LLP and most recently Gunderson Dettmer LLP.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2008, cum laude, University of Illinois Law Review
- B.A., University of California – Irvine, 2005, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Presenter, Sources of Capital: What’s Available and What Might Work Best for Your Company, Sheppard Mullin Emerging Company Webinar Series, 2014
- Panelist, Transactional Practice: Judges’ Orientation Program for New Attorneys, San Diego County Bar Association, 2013
- Speaker, Venture Capital Trends and the Current State of the Venture Capital Market, CyberHive Startup Table, 2013